2020 Speaker Submissions
This Global HR conference is designed for HR professionals working in international and global human resources. Texas SHRM has a tradition of using its professional development conference as a platform for education and innovation in the field of global human resource management. Unlike other conferences that only focus on mobility and expatriate management, this conference provides a forum to keep current on all aspects of global HR. We also look for speakers who have experience dealing with employees who are local nationals in multiple countries and who can share lessons learned with our attendees.
We are seeking presenters who are willing to share their expertise in the spirit of networking versus a sales platform. During the conference history our objective of soliciting HR practitioners has proven a valued benefit. We look for sessions covering any of the following topics:
- Global Compensation
- Global Benefits
- Global Strategic Management
- Organization Development
- Global Tax
- Global Labor Relations
- Global Talent Management
- Cultural Impact
- Expatriate Management
- Global Mobility
- Innovative Technology to Impact Global HR
If selected, you will receive a complimentary FULL CONFERENCE REGISTRATION. This includes access to all sessions including Keynote and Concurrent sessions as well as exhibit area and all meals including the Networking Reception at the close of the conference.
How do I get to present at the conference?
- Complete the RFP and provide all required information. Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
- Global HR practitioners are preferred. If you provide a service or product to Global HR and wish to submit a proposal, please include a corporate HR practitioner as joint presenter.
- All presentations need to meet the continuing education requirements for SHRM and HRCI.
- Submissions are due no later than April 30th and selections will be made by May 31st.
- You will be notified by email on the outcome.
- There is a limited number of sessions needed for this one-day conference. If you are not selected this year, you may be asked to present next year.
- References are checked for those who have not presented in previous conferences.
If selected, what is required?
- No change in speakers, topic, title, description or objectives as originally submitted without permission from the Education Director.
- Texas SHRM Global Conference will provide a standard PowerPoint presentation template for all concurrent session presentations. All speakers are required to use this template.
- Prepare a 60-minute session with appropriate time allowed for interaction and questions. Time will be called by the room monitor if the presentation exceeds allotted time.
- Consider the common best practices in presentations such as the 6×6 rule (no more than 6 words per line and 6 lines per slide.)
- You are encouraged to provide your contact information on the last page of the template. This can include information about your company, product and services.
- Business dress is required for all speakers.
- Professionalism is expected at all times regarding all content, language and handouts.
- Please adhere to all due dates and deadlines. Understanding everyone is busy but please respect the time of our volunteer committee who pulls all of the sessions together.
- In keeping with our “Green Philosophy”, you are not required to provide hard copy handouts. Our attendees will have the option to download any hand out material you wish to provide prior to the conference including the presentation.
- Texas SHRM does not pay speaker fees or reimburse expenses for the concurrent session presenters. Travel arrangements are the responsibility of the speaker.
- Please do not market your product or services. Presenters are asked to not solicit business from attendees. If you are interested in marketing your product or services, please contact our Sponsorship Director for information on sponsors.
- Presenters should be conference “partners” and utilize their social media platforms to assist in the promotion of the conference.